Information and Communications Technology (ICT) related MCQ151. 'Blue tooth' technology allows _____.
i) Landline phone to mobile phone communication
ii) Signal transmission on mobile phones only
iii) Wireless communication between equipment's
iv) Satellite television communication
Answer: iii) Wireless communication between equipment's
152. ENIAC was _____.
i) an electronic computer
ii) an engine
iii) a memory device
iv) an electronic calculator
Answer: i) an electronic computer
153.. A process known as ______ is used by large retailers to study trends.
i) data mining
ii) data selection
iv) data conversion
Answer: i) data mining
154. _____ tags, when placed on an animal, can be used to record and track in a database all of the animal's movements.
Answer: ii) RFID
155. Servers are computers that provide resources to other computers connected to a:
Answer: i) network
156. System software is the set of programs that enables your computers hardware devices and _____ software to work together.
Answer: iv) application
Answer: iii) 1994
158. The CPU and memory are located on the:
i) expansion board
iii) storage device
iv) output device
Answer: ii) motherboard
159. All of the following are examples of real security and privacy risks EXCEPT:
iv) identity theft
Answer: ii) spam
Quick navigation: ICT related MCQ | Part - 03
160. _____ terminals (formerly known as cash registers) are often connected to complex inventory and sales computer systems.
ii) Point-of-sale (POS)
Answer: ii) Point-of-sale (POS)
161. _____ is data that has been organized or presented in a meaningful fashion.
i) A process
Answer: iv) Information
162. The name for the way that computers manipulate data into information is called:
Answer: ii) processing
163. Which of the following is NOT one of the four major data processing functions of a computer?
i) gathering data
ii) processing data into information
iii) analyzing the data or information
iv) storing the data or information
Answer: iii) analyzing the data or information
164. A(n) _____ system is a small, wireless handheld computer that scans an itemâ€™s tag and pulls up the current price (and any special offers) as you shop.
iv) data mining
Answer: i) PSS
165. The reduction in the amount of movement between two places the greater the distance they are apart is known as:
i) distance decay
ii) distance decline
iii) distance falloff
iv) distance reduction
Answer: i) distance decay