IDB-BISEW: Islamic Development Bank-Bangladesh Islamic Solidarity Educational Wakf
Intake: Round 35 IT Scholarship Project under IDB-BISEW
Frequently Asked QuestionsAnswers to some commonly asked questions are given below:
1. What is IDB-BISEW?Islamic Development Bank-Bangladesh Islamic Solidarity Educational Wakf (IDB-BISEW) was established following an agreement between the Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and the Government of Bangladesh. IDB-BISEW undertakes funding and implementing of projects in the areas of education, human resource development and institutional strengthening.
2. What is IDB-BISEW IT Scholarship Project?It is a technology skills development project under which the scholarship winners are provided with training of various duration on IT disciplines leading to a certificate or professional diploma. Currently, around 1,074 trainees are undergoing training in Round – 29, 30, 31, 32 and 33. Around 8,277 graduates of the past Rounds of the scholarship programme are employed as IT professionals in various organizations at home and abroad.
3. What benefit would a candidate get from this project?The selected candidates will get an opportunity to undergo training by participating in a Certificate or a Diploma level course at one of the premiere training institute in Dhaka & Chittagong. In financial terms these courses are worth approximately Tk. 1,35,000 for training only. An additional sum of around Tk. 20,000 is spent for vendor certification for each trainee.
4. What would the scholarship cover?The scholarship would cover the entire tuition fees for each course offered. It also covers Vendor Certification examination fee that a candidate needs to pass in order to successfully complete the course. The scholarship does not cover the cost to be incurred by the candidate for food and accommodation during the training.
5. How many times does the student intake take place?The student intake would take place 4 times in a project year. Candidates may apply in multiple intakes if unsuccessful in earlier attempts.
6. Who can apply for the scholarships?This scholarship only for underprivileged Muslim youths who has already passed Bachelor’s (Pass Course/Honours)/Fazil or Master’s/Kamil degree examination can apply for the scholarships.
7. Do candidates need to have prior computing knowledge for applying for the scholarships?Candidates not having any prior knowledge of computing can apply for the Scholarship.
8. What are the steps involved in the candidate selection process?Candidate can apply online as well as can collect APPLICATION FORM, from any branch of Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited by 100 Taka.
Following are the steps involved in the candidate selection process under IDB-BISEW scholarship program:
- Apply online by visiting the web link apply.idb-bisew.info
- Carefully read the given instructions before filling up the form. Keep your academic certificates/mark-sheets and your National ID at hand as you will need these to fill up the form
- Candidate have to pay 100 Taka by bKash as application fee on mentioned bKash account number. Enter the required information in the form with bKash transection ID and click on the Submit button
- Print out two copies of the Admit Card shown on the screen and bring both copies to the exam centre when you appear for the Aptitude Test
- If you enter all required information correctly and you are eligible for the scholarship then you will be shortlisted to appear in the Aptitude Test or subject-specific test
- Candidates who pass the test are called for an interview at IDB-BISEW
- You shall be selected for the scholarship if you pass the interview
9. Where would the training be held?The training courses will be held in Dhaka & Chittagong.
10. Who would be delivering the training courses?In the previous rounds, various IT training institutions located in Dhaka and Chittagong, namely, Asia Pacific Communication Ltd., AT Computer Solution Ltd, Bangladesh Computer Institute, Bangladesh IT Institute, BASE LIMITED., Bhuiyan IT Ltd (BITL), BIRDS A&Z LIMITED, Centre for Computer Studies Ltd., Computer Network Systems Ltd., Creative Visions Ltd., Daffodil Institute of IT, Datapark (BD) Limited, Dot Com Systems, Genuity Systems Ltd., IBCS-PRIMAX Software(Bangladesh) Ltd., IT Bangla Ltd., Macro Softwares Limited, New Horizons CLC of Dhaka, New Vision Information Technology Ltd., Praxis Training Technology & Consultancy, Star Computer Systems Limited, The Computers Limited DHK and US Software Limited are delivering the training courses. The project authority has specially selected these institutes based on the project’s quality requirements and their reputation in the industry. Other quality IT training institutes will be enlisted as and when required.
11. At what time of the day would the training take place?All the training courses would be conducted either in the morning slot (9.00 am to 1.00 pm) or in the afternoon slot (3.00 pm to 7.00 pm)
12. What is meant by the Aptitude Test?In order to assess the basic educational ability of the candidate, the Project Authority would conduct this Aptitude Test in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) format. The Aptitude Test shall comprise of two sections – Quantitative (in Bangla) section and English section.
13. Is there any pass marks in the test?There will not be any pass or fail marks for the test. Instead, a percentile ranking system has been adopted to select successful candidates.
14. Is placement assistance provided in the project?The project has a cell for the placement of IDB-BISEW graduates in gainful jobs. The cell maintains close relationship with the employers and continuously works for arranging interview for the graduates. The project enjoys a 92% placement rate. The Placement Cell maintains a dedicated web based job site named careerHub. Only the graduates of IDB-BISEW can post their CVs on this site. Employers choose CVs from this site and select candidates for employment.
Information source: www.idb-bisew.org