BANGLADESH UNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY, DHAKA
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, abbreviated as BUET, is one of the most prestigious institutions for higher studies in the country. About 5500 students are pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies in engineering, architecture, planning and science in this institution. At present, BUET has sixteen teaching departments under five faculties and it has three institutes. Every year the intake of undergraduate students is around 900, while the intake of graduate students in Masters and PhD programs is around 1000. A total of about five hundred teachers are teaching in these departments and institutes. There are additional teaching posts like Dr. Rashid Professor, Professor Emeritus and Supernumerary Professors. Read more »
Admission into Postgraduate Programs Semester: October 2016Applications are invited for admission into the following postgraduate programs for October 2016 Semester. To apply for admission, an applicant must complete the online Application Form using the website http://www.buet.ac.bd, and submit the hardcopy of the completed Application Form together with the supporting documents (as described below) to the Registrar’s Office, BUET within the period from 30/08/2016 to 21/09/2016 during office hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm).
a) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degree Offered by the Departments:
Architecture, Computer Science and Engineering.
b) Master Degree Program: M. Arch. in Architecture.
- Upon submission of the online application through the website of BUET (www.buet.ac.bd), the printed copy of the completed Application Form together with the following supporting documents must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office, BUET within the period from 30/08/2016 to 21/09/2016 during office hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm) to complete the application procedure.
- Cash payment of Tk. 500/- (Five Hundred) as application fee (non-refundable).
- Two attested copies of recent passport-size color photographs (applicant’s name must be written on the reverse side of each photograph).
- Attested copies of certificates of all public examinations.
- Attested copies of transcripts/ grade-sheets/ mark-sheets of degrees obtained.
- Attested copies of testimonial/ character certificate from the institution last attended.
- Letter of Consent, in prescribed form, from the employer for applicants in employment.
Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET),
Tel: (880 2) 9665650
Fax: (880 2) 8613046