FBI : Federal Bureau of InvestigationWebsite: www.fbi.gov
Motto: Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity
Today's FBI is an intelligence and threat-focused national security organization with both intelligence and law enforcement responsibilities that is staffed by a dedicated cadre of more than 30,000 agents, analysts, and other professionals who work around the clock and across the globe to protect the U.S. from terrorism, espionage, cyber attacks, and major criminal threats, and to provide its many partners with services, support, training, and leadership.
Formed: July 26, 1908; 108 years ago as the Bureau of Investigation
Headquarters: J. Edgar Hoover Building Northwest, Washington, D.C.
Agency Executives: James B. Comey (September 4, 2013 - Present), Director Mark F. Giuliano, Deputy Director
|James B. Comey|
Parent Agency: Department of Justice Office of the Director of National Intelligence
Mission & Priorities:The FBI today is considered one of the world’s premier security and crime-fighting forces. Reporting to both the attorney general and director of national intelligence, the Bureau has dual responsibilities as a law enforcement and intelligence agency. Learn about our vision, mission, priorities, core values, budget, and more.
Vision:Ahead of the threat through leadership, agility, and integration.
Mission:To protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
- Protect the United States from terrorist attack
- Protect the United States against foreign intelligence operations and espionage
- Protect the United States against cyber-based attacks and high-technology crimes
- Combat public corruption at all levels
- Protect civil rights
- Combat transnational/national criminal organizations and enterprises
- Combat major white-collar crime
- Combat significant violent crime
People & Leadership:The FBI employs 35,000 people, including special agents and support professionals such as intelligence analysts, language specialists, scientists, and information technology specialists. Learn how you can join us at FBIJobs.gov.
Locations:We work literally around the globe. Along with our Headquarters in Washington, D.C., we have 56 field offices located in major cities throughout the U.S., more than 350 satellite offices called resident agencies in cities and towns across the nation, and more than 60 international offices called legal attachés in U.S. embassies worldwide.
Budget:In fiscal year 2016, our total direct-funded budget is approximately $8.7 billion, including increases to enhance our cyber investigative capabilities and leverage Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise components and services within the Bureau.
- Rigorous obedience to the Constitution of the United States;
- Respect for the dignity of all those we protect;
- Uncompromising personal integrity and institutional integrity;
- Accountability by accepting responsibility for our actions and decisions and the consequences of our actions and decisions;
- Leadership, both personal and professional; and
History:The FBI was established in 1908. See our History website for more details on our evolution and achievements over the years.
200 McCarty Avenue
Albany, NY 12209
Covers the 32 counties of the Northern Judicial District of New York and the entire state of Vermont.
To get more info about: Field Offices