Australian Catholic University
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is a public not-for-profit university funded by the Australian Government.
It is open to students and staff of all beliefs.
International Student Scholarship (ISS) 2017ACU offers up to 20 scholarships each year for students starting undergraduate or postgraduate courses. These scholarships cover 50% of the recipients’ full-time tuition fees.
ValueScholarships are offered annually to up to 20 undergraduate and postgraduate students equivalent to one-half of the full-time fees for the recipient's course of study.
Up to two Higher Degree by Research scholarships equivalent to the fees and stipend for recipients enrolling in a Masters by Research or Doctoral course of study will also be offered.
EligibilityThis scholarship is open to commencing International postgraduate and undergraduate students with outstanding academic merit of at least an average result of 80% in prior studies.
Required DocumentationThe following documentation must be submitted with the application:
- Evidence of academic merit, showing achievement of an average of 80% across the applicant’s most recent study.
- Applicants must not be an Australian permanent resident citizen or New Zealand citizen;
- Applicants must have an offer for a place in an undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD program at ACU;
- Applicants must attend the relevant ACU campus as a full-time student;
- Applicants must not be receiving any other major scholarship or award;
- Applicants must not be attending ACU as a Study Abroad or Exchange student.
Selection ProcessThe recipients will be selected by a Selection Committee consisting of the Executive Director, International, the Executive Dean of each Faculty (or nominee), the Dean of Graduate Studies, the Associate Director, International Admissions and Student Relations and the Associate Director, International Marketing and Recruitment.
Ongoing RequirementsStudents must maintain satisfactory academic progress for their duration of their course. Successful applicants must also agree to act as student ambassadors for ACU and support promotional activities.
OtherIn considering applications, in addition to the eligibility and selection criteria, the Selection Committee may give consideration to:
- The diversity of the source countries of applicants and the courses in which they are enrolled (including across a spread of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework and research programs and campuses);
- In the case of applicants undertaking research degrees, the alignment of the applicant’s intended research with the research strengths of the University.
Apply Online: https://webapps.acu.edu.au/scholarship/index.php?sbid=338363
IMPORTANT DATESDon’t miss out on this amazing opportunity. Applications for Semester 1, 2017 places open on 1 September and close 30 September 2016.
For more information visit: www.acu.edu.au/369134
CONTACTIf you need further information please contact us via the details below:
Phone: +61 3 8676 7040
Alternatively, find an ACU International Agent in your region: www.acu.edu.au/int_agents