Name of the Organization: World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
"Building a future in which people and nature thrive."
President & CEO: Carter Roberts
Formation: 29 April, 1961
Headquarters: Avenue du Mont-Blanc, Gland, Vaud, Switzerland
Quick navigation: At a glance : WHO
World Wildlife Fund
1250 24th Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20037-1193
P.O. Box 97180
Washington, DC 20090-7180
WWF International, Gland:
Av. du Mont-Blanc 1196 Gland
+41 22 364 91 11
+41 22 364 88 36
Quick navigation: At a glance : NATO
Activities of the WWF:
- Protect and restore species and their habitats
- Strengthen local communities' ability to conserve the natural resources they depend upon
- Transform markets and policies to reduce the impact of the production and consumption of commodities
- Ensure that the value of nature is reflected in decisions made by individuals, communities, governments and businesses
- Mobilize hundreds of millions of people to support conservation
"People look to WWF and its leadership to bring imagination and perseverance to the important work of conservation, and to build bridges between government, civil society and business in devising solutions at the scale of the challenges we face. The world demands no less of us."
- Carter Roberts
President & CEO (WWF)
N.B: Welcome to comments with more info, so that we can update this page.